To register for a FREE scholastic chess tournament hosted by The Right Move (TRM), please send an email to email@example.com Be sure to give the date of the tournament in your subject. Give your full name, USCF ID and the section. If joining uscf put NEW. Check the website www.chesstrm.org/NYC/ and report any errors as soon as possible. You will receive a personal confirmation with 24 hours.
To join or renew USCF dues on-site .for one full year costs $9 for Scholastic players age 19 and under. The Right Move encourages you to renew and recruit new members to join on-site at the $9 rate to help grow chess throughout your community.
Please send your Entry as soon as possible to guarantee making one of the limited slots available for our chess, (first come, first served,) for
November 6. “Complicate” TRM#296 at Smith Auditorium in Danny Farrell’s Riverbank State Park, near 145th Street and Riverside Drive, Manhattan.
November 12. “Intricate” TRM#297 at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School, 357 Clermont Ave., Brooklyn.
- USCF rated rounds for the AWE (Adults are welcome!), King (USCF rated above 1300), Queen (USCF Above 900 or unrated), Rook (USCF Above 500 or unrated), kNight, (USCF Under 500) and Pawn (Gr 3 and Below, Rated below 300). Sections need a minimum of 6 players or will be combined. All sections begin at 10:00. Check in before 9:30 or you will not be playing round 1. There will be an AWE section which include adults + kids. Current uscf members only. Rated.
- Registration on-site takes place until 9:30 if there are available seats. All pre-registered players must check-in by this time or you will not be paired for round 1. If you are not on the pairing list you begin play in round 2. Round 2 is scheduled for 11:00 and will be posted about 5 minutes before the start of the round.
- Space is limited to 110 players at this site. Only current USCF members. New players are most welcome to join the USCF for a $9 fee. Membership is good for one entire year. Immediately upon completing 4 rated games each unrated player receives a rating.
- Awards: Trophies are awarded to First, Second and Third Place in each of the six sections. Medals are won by scoring 2.5 or more points in any section. There are Team Certificates for 1st Place in each section (top 4 scores one school).
USCF Players must keep their yearly memberships up to date. If your membership appears expired you must prove you have current membership (whether to join the USCF) or renew your scholastic membership for $9 (yearly fee) on-site. . Keep membership up to date.
The Upcoming 2021-2022 proposed schedule Scholastic tournaments for The Right Move Chess tournaments:
- Sept 18. “Motivate”, TRM#293 at Roberto Clemente State Park, 301 W Tremont Ave., Bronx
- Oct 2. “Punctual”, TRM#294 at Riverbank State Park, 145th St & Riverside Dr, NYC.
- Oct 8. “National Chess Day” at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School, 357 Clermont Ave., Brooklyn
- Oct 16. “Anticipate”, TRM#295 at Roberto Clemente State Park, 301 W Tremont Ave., Bronx
- Nov 6. “Complicate”, TRM#296 at Riverbank State Park, 145th St & Riverside Dr, NYC.
- Nov 12. “Intricate” TRM#297 at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School, 357 Clermont Ave., Brooklyn
- Nov 20. “Victory”, TRM#298 at Roberto Clemente State Park, 301 W Tremont Ave., Bronx
- Dec 4. “Champion”, TRM#299 at Riverbank State Park, 145th St & Riverside Dr, NYC.
- Dec 11. “Goal”, TRM#300 at Roberto Clemente State Park, 301 W Tremont Ave., Bronx
- NOTE: Free Registration closes at the given limited number of entries before each tournament. No exceptions. You are required to check the website and see the name listings to make corrections before the tournament.
Please note, all free registrations for The Right Move must be made and posted on the website. Register early and check the posted list. Your careful preparation and cooperation ensures the continued success for all.