To register for a FREE scholastic chess tournament hosted by The Right Move (TRM), please send an email to email@example.com Be sure to give the date of the tournament in your subject. Give your full name, USCF ID and the section. If joining uscf put NEW. Check the website www.chesstrm.org/NYC/ and report any errors as soon as possible. You will receive a personal confirmation with 24 hours.
To join or renew USCF dues on-site .for one full year costs $9 for Scholastic players age 19 and under. The Right Move encourages you to renew and recruit new members to join on-site at the $9 rate to help grow chess throughout your community.
Please send your Entry as soon as possible to guarantee making one of the limited slots available for our chess, (first come, first served,) for
- Sunday, Aug 14. “Extreme”, at Roberto Clemente State Park. During the summer Quads are offered in AM + PM. AM 10, 11, 12. PM 2, 3, 4. Check in at least 15 minutes before sections are assigned. (9:45 and 1:45)
- Sunday, Aug 21. “Mighty”, at Roberto Clemente State Park, 301 W Tremont Ave., Bronx, is a six-player Round Robin. It features 5 games in 5 hours (G/25;d5) against all the players in your group.
- Sunday, Aug 28 “Contented”, at Roberto Clemente State Park. During the summer Quads are offered in AM + PM. AM 10, 11, 12. PM 2, 3, 4. Check in at least 15 minutes before sections are assigned. (9:45 and 1:45)
- Sept 4 resumes the regular scholastic tournaments with six sections. USCF players only. See the section headers below.
- 1. USCF rated rounds for the AWE (Adults are welcome!), King (USCF rated above 1300), Queen (USCF Above 900 or unrated), Rook (USCF Above 500 or unrated), kNight, (USCF Under 500) and Pawn (Gr 3 and Below, Rated below 300). Sections need a minimum of 6 players or will be combined. All sections begin at 10:00. Check in before 9:30 or you will not be playing round 1. There will be an AWE section which include adults + kids. Current uscf members only. Rated.
- Registration on-site takes place until 9:30 if there are available seats. All pre-registered players must check-in by this time or you will not be paired for round 1. If you are not on the pairing list you begin play in round 2. Round 2 is scheduled for 11:00 and will be posted about 5 minutes before the start of the round.
- Space is limited to 110 players at this site. Only current USCF members. New players are most welcome to join the USCF for a $9 fee. Membership is good for one entire year. Once Players pay a fee to join the USCF they are then considered “unrated”. Immediately upon completing 4 rated games each player receives a rating.
- Awards: Trophies are awarded to First, Second and Third Place in each of the six sections. Medals are won by scoring 2.5 or more points in any section. There are no Team awards at this time.
USCF Players must keep their yearly memberships up to date. If your membership appears expired you must prove you have current membership (whether to join the USCF) or renew your scholastic membership for $9 (yearly fee) on-site. . Keep membership up to date.
The Upcoming 2021-2022 proposed schedule Scholastic tournaments for The Right Move Chess tournaments:
- Completed**June 5 “Notice” at Riverbank State Park.EF: Free. 4SS, G/30;d5. Rd 1 at 11:00. Must check in by 10:30 for Round 1. Other rounds are at 12:00, 1:30 and 2:30. All USCF members only.
- Completed**June 12 “Involved” at Roberto Clemente State Park, 301 West Tremont Ave., Bronx NY 10451.EF: Free. 4SS, G/30;d5. Rd 1 at 11:00. Must check in by 10:30 for Round 1. Other rounds are at 12:00, 1:30 and 2:30. All USCF members only.
- NOTE: Free Registration closes at the given limited number of entries before each tournament. No exceptions. You are required to check the website and see the name listings to make corrections before the tournament.
Please note, all free registrations for The Right Move must be made and posted on the website. Register early and check the posted list. Your careful preparation and cooperation ensures the continued success for all.