The Right Move, in partnership with Riverbank State Park, provides FREE Chess Tournaments for Youth. Tournaments are hosted at Riverbank State Park Auditorium, 145th St & Riverside Drive, NYC.
You must Pre-register for a tournament, www.chesstrm.org/NYC/ . You must also check-in before 9:15 to play in round 1. Note starting times for rounds below:
- Open and Under 1400: 3 rounds 9:30, 11:30, 1:30 (G/45;d5)
- Under 1000, Under 600, and Under 400R: 4 rounds at 10:00, 11:15, 12:45 and 2:00 (G/30;d5)
- Unrated Grades 2-3. 4-7 and AWE: 5 rounds at 10:00, 11:10, 12:15, 1:20 and 2:15. (G/25;d0)
- Awards will take place in the lobby as soon as each section finishes.
- Individual Trophies to Top 3 in each section with 12 or more players. Medals awarded for all with 2.5 or more points out of 4 rounds.. 2 points wins a medal in Open and Under 1400 section out of 3 games. In 5 round sections 3 points are necessary to win a medal.
- Team Trophy based on points in section. Certificates to 1st, 2nd each section. Those in sections with 3 rounds need 7.5 points for a team trophy. Those in sections with 4 rounds need 10 points.Those in sections with 5 rounds need 12.5 points.Team Award is made of the best 4 scores in each section.
- USCF Open
- USCF Under 1400
- USCF Under 1000
- USCF Under 600
- USCF Under 400 Reserve (limited to grade 2 and under USCF members)
- Non-USCF Grades 4-7
- Non- USCF Grades 2-3
- Non-USCF Awe Grades 8 and above; Adults Welcome.
You may choose to bring a chair and sit outside between rounds, enjoying the Hudson River view. Very few chairs are available for non-players. Picnic tables are outside. Dress warmly. (Do not use the 2nd floor where the Administrative Offices are located.)
|Date||Tournament||Sponsor||Pre-Registration required. Limited to 267 free entries. (Click below or email email@example.com)|
|Mar 18 (New date)||TRM#231 Honest & Happy||Sun Family & Rosalyn Yalow CS||Register here|
|Apr 8||TRM#232||Rosalyn Yalow CS||Pre-registration begins Mar 10|
|May 6||TRM#233||Rosalyn Yalow CS||Pre-registration begins Apr 10|
|June 3||TRM#224||Rosalyn Yalow CS||Pre-registration begins May 10|